What is going on with parcel? From surcharges to capacity caps to an October Prime Day it seems like a storm is brewing in parcel. We had the pleasure of sitting down with Brian Byrd, EVP of Operations at Transportation Impact, to learn what’s coming for parcel during peak season, including:
- What big 3 customers are facing over the next few weeks.
- Why volume is a negative for Fedex, UPS, and USPS customers.
- How to pivot your supply chains to keep things moving during peak season.
- How shippers can influence buyer behavior to mitigate some of these problems.
- What’s coming in 2021 — from Q1 to Q4.
Tune in to learn the state of the Parcel market going into peak and beyond!
Listen and subscribe to The Final Mile podcast on your favorite podcast platform:
Brian Byrd is the EVP of Operations at Transportation Impact. After graduating from UNC Chapel Hill, Bryan began his carrier in equity markets. In 2012, he transitioned to Transportation Impact as a Business Analyst. Brian has worked through advanced leadership roles including Parcel Audit and Negotiation services. He excels in all areas of supply chain optimization and strategy with the goal of delivering a cost reduction.
You can learn more about Transportation Impact on their website.